This page contains photos of the Skyblazers during the years of their existence and were donated by Don Pasquini who served with the team.
The Skyblazers disbanded in early 1962 when the USAF Thunderbirds finally got their "long legs" for
european air shows with the air-refuelable F-100D. They went on their first european deployment shortly after that in 1963.
In 1964 the Thunderbirds switched to the F-105 Thunderchief for a brief period, but returned to the F-100D after only six airshows. They went on for a total of thirteen years flying the F-100D.
In 1969 the Thunderbirds adopted the F-4E Phantom, which it flew until 1973.
The Skyblazers originated in 1949 flying the F-80B. Later the F-84G's, the F-86F's and finally the
F-100C's were used.