Rocking-Horse Antenna--East West Tracking
9meter/136MHZ Yagi Antenna
Henry Rivas in the MINITRACK room.
Ed Seman - Operations Tech.
Henry Rivas & Charles Ford
Henry Rivas in the Communications room.
A) Hally Harris -- Chilean Station Director
B) Jim Price -- Crew Chief
C) Joe Caudle -- Crew Chief
D) Station Secretary
E) Henry Rivas -- Technician
A) Thompson -- Station Director
B) John Michalik -- BFEC
C) Sam Berger -- BFEC
D) Hally Harris -- Chilean Director
A) Thompson -- BFEC
B) John Sullivan -- BFEC
C) Henry Rivas -- Chilean
D) Cliff Benson -- BFEC
The above three photos are station personnel that were located at
Antofagasta and (or) Santiago, Chile during this era.
Photos contributed by Henry Rivas.
The Antofagasta site located at Salar del Carmen near the Pacific port town of Antofagasta, Chile was initially operated by the U.S. Army in 1957 and was later turned over to a NASA/University of Chile team and run until 1963 at which time it was closed.